Château Canon was originally part of the Clos St. Martin vineyard, on top of the Saint Emilion limestone. By 1853, under the ownership of the Fontemoing family, the name was changed to Château Canon, and continued to be traded throughout different ownership until finally coming under the ownership of Chanel brothers, Alain and Gerard Wertheimer. Château Canon is planted at 70% merlot and 30%, and possesses 24 acres that are considered First Growth. The wines show to be deliciously inky, as well as classically Right Bank with layers of aromatics, proving to be collectible indeed.
As the #1 back-vintage retailer in the US, Benchmark Wine Group prides itself on being a trusted source for the greatest wines in the world. Their unparalleled market knowledge and exceptional service have come together to provide the most accessible cellar of rare and sought-after wines with a guarantee.Provenance Guarantee